My '93 S4 Engine seized.....Please help!

Hi all,

Purchased this car on July 7 2003, ......had it inspected by CAA before buying

TODAY is August 27 2003 my Birthday! just six weeks since I picked up the car from the guy in Quebec city....

While driving smoothly on the freeway the oil return line from the air/oil cooler slipped off.........yeah i typed it right!

Aparently that line had been previously repaired with a black rubber hose and plumbing clips......instead of the a steel-braided one just like is installed on the air/oil cooler intake.

While moving to a safe place to park.....the engine aparently had time to seize up!!!!!!!!!! DAMMM!

Now,.....All together..........Happy Birthday JF!

Reply to
the rogue

I had this happen on a '86 5000TQ. I even re-startd the car after it stalled but engine oil light stayed on so I just parked it. Luckily I had a hose clip in my tool box, and bought some oil from a store in downtown Ottawa. I never had a seizing problem - I was back on the road in about 30 minutes.

May be the loss of oil has done some irreprable damage, don't know. Have you fixed the hose and filled up with oil and given it a try?

Tony Ottawa - '96 S6.

Reply to
Tony Curran

Other than you shouldn't of kept driving with no oil pressure and possibly the warning light was on sounds like you gonna need an engine rebuilt or replaced.

HB

Reply to
Woodchuck

I'm in Laval, Quebec!

How much do you think a new/used engine would ring up?

Can you have this engine rebuild or are the cylinders to thin, to take such a job?

I'm still trying to see what my legal options are since the problem begins with a really bad repair job that was done on the car before I bought it seven weeks ago....It qualifies as a hidden problem that was not mentioned by the previous owner.

Reply to
the rogue