problems with my a4 avant

I hope someone can help me with the following problem. I drive a A4 1.9 TDI 110 Pk automatic transmission, 95000km. I just had it checked and had the timing belt replaced, but the dealer didn't check out my problem. It drives great, but when i'm standing still and the gear is in 'Drive' the car starts to shake. And if i put it from 'Revers'' into 'drive', when i hit the gas, i feel a little shock. I talked to a friend about the problem and he told me that the suspension blocks of the engine need replacement. Has anyone else had this problem? can this be the result of the broken broken engine suspension blocks?

Somebody told me that the flywheel (drivingwheel) in the transmission could be broken. The rubber could be damaged or something. Now i'm confused :) the last reason is very expensive to solve

The shaking only happens in drive and with the airco on. with the airco off, it doesn't shake so much.

so if anyone else had this problem and knows the answer, pls help me.

Kind regards,

Reply to
kenny

with engine running and car in park, rev engine..........how does it sound or feel. If all nice and smooth then it's probably not (can't be) engine mounts plus you say it drives great.

surely it would not "drive great" if the flywheel was broken so I think you can count that out.

so we are back to shaking, ONLY, with aircon on. Have you had someone look under bonnet (hood) whilst engine is running and you do the changes you indicate above.......that could point to the problem.

dj

Reply to
Tonka

tnx for the reply!

in park or rev you can feel some vibration inside the car and this is accompanied with some vibration noise. when stationary with a little gas (+/- 1000rpm) the noise and vibrations get less.

i had somebody look under the hood while in drive and airco on, you can see the engine shake more than normal.

tnx

"Tonka" schreef in bericht news:ceio14$fh$ snipped-for-privacy@sparta.btinternet.com...

Reply to
kenny

OK so with someone looking at engine does the engine shake reduce/go when you turn off the aircon. My Q is, Is the belt driven compressor (Air con system) seizing or seized or maybe a pipe blocked forcing the compressor to stall. It all seems to revolve around this.

dj

Reply to
Tonka

Or, even simpler, the mechanism that boosts idle rpm when the AC compressor is enabled may be nfg...

Reply to
daytripper