Re: Does 2005 A4 2.0T use regular gas?

Thanks.

Of course :)

But is there any such thing as Regular?

It varies so much from country to country, in USA they run on mostly 91 octane and in Europe we use nothing less than 95.

The higher octane fuels tend to give you better fuel consumption and better perfomance, so just put the best fuel you can in :)

I try and use 97-98 in a 1.8T and the car prefers it.

Reply to
Ronny

"Ronny" wrote

Yeah, regular in the US means 87 octane. Most cars use that. I believe at least 91 US octane is recommended for the 2.0T, but like you mentioned, you can use lower grade but performance and fuel economy will be affected, so it may not be worth doing after all.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

I think the octane is measured differently in the US though, hence the lower rating. Something like that anyway!

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

The message from Matthew Maddock contains these words:

You're right - almost. It's measured the same way but presented differently.

Guy King

Since the 1.8T recommendation is 'premium', I would assume that the same would apply to the 2.0T. I have heard that you can use 'lesser' grades with some performance and mileage decrease (as Pete noted) but considering that the performance is just adequate with the 1.8T, I would not want to degrade it at all!

I really want to chip it once I get closer to the end f the warranty.

Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58