Replacement right door mirror

Hi all,

I have a 2001/Y Audi A4 with electric folding wing mirrors. This weekend, it has apparently been attacked by somebody who wanted to unfold one of the wing mirrors for a laugh. Unfortunately, they instead managed to break it at the base where the mirror unit joins to the rest of the car.

Now the good thing is the whole mirror unit and casing is intact and all the motors are still working, but the fibreglass and rubber that fixes it to the chassis are snapped.

What do you think is the cheapest way to fix this? Is it possible to replace just the attaching bracket instead of the whole mirror assembly? If the whole mirror does need to be replaced, how easy is this to do by myself - does it require the door to be taken off or is it a quite modular unit?

I can supply pictures by email if this helps,

Many thanks in advance for any help,

Ed

Reply to
emcs2

Can't help with the specific problem and the lack of response suggests no one else can either, BUT, one of the nice things about Audi's is that they seem to be one of the few makes where you can often buy the individual components of a unit, rather than having to buy the entire unit.

Have speaks to your Audi dealer's parts dept.

With regards to removing the thing from the car, again can't comment on later Audi but when I had to do this on an 80 I found it a simple job of just undoing a couple of bolts once the mirror head had been swivelled. No need to remove door cards or similar. Again, the dealer would guide you no doubt.

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Buckley