Stucking window in A6

The right front window of my 1999 Audi A6 TDI sometimes stucks while closing. I need to push the button down and up several times before the window closes properly.

Any ideas of the reason and how to solve the problem?

Reply to
Jan

I had this exact problem on my 1999 A6 2.8L. Eventually it stopped going up all together. The problem on mine is that the back edge of the window wore a groove in the rear "guide" (the black fuzzy stuff where the edge of the window travels). This allowed enough freedom for the window to rotate slightly toward the rear as the window was being raised. The rotation caused a locking cam effect, sort of like climbing the walls in a hallway with one foot on each wall. I dissassembled the whole door to discover the problem was NOT in the slides, tracks or cables that actually move the window up and down. I had just finished putting in an irrigation system and had some left over 1 in. "poly pipe" (polyethylene, i think). I used a dremel rotary tool and cut about a

2-3mm strip of the pipe to fit just longer than the exposed length of the "guide". I used this plastic piece to fill the worn groove in the slide. Luckily, it stayed in place by friction alone. I may have to re-do it with an adhesive at some point, but for almost the last year it has worked perfectly. Hope this helps. New parts are very expensive.

Stu

Jan wrote:

Reply to
Stu Hedith

My RH front window did just that and now it won't close unless I pull it manually. I took it to the dealer and they said it was the regulator and the window seal, cost £250 :-(

Mark

Reply to
nowhere