1992 325i Oxygen sensor fail on scan tool even after replacing and the car runs like crap

Hello there,

I have a 92 325i that runs really sluggish. The engine sounds like it's doing very well mechanically, but it holds back and has small explosions in the exhaust. If I only press the gas pedal slowly, it will be fine, but once I floor it it sounds very sick.. I bought the scan tool from Bavarian and it says oxygen sensor (code 46). I replaced the oxygen sensor yesterday (took me forever because it was stuck - any tricks on how to replace this easier are apreciated) and it didnt help at all. However, it makes sense that it is the oxygen sensors, because sometimes it will be fine for the first 10 seconds or so after I start it and according to the Bentley book, the oxygen sensors aren't active until the engine is warm. I also checked the oxygen sensor heater relay, and it's fine. Where do I go from here?

Reply to
bjorn.larsen

It could be the fuel pressure regulator. When it fails the fuel pressure goes way up and the mixture becomes very rich.

Reply to
Jack

or clogged cat?

Reply to
Sharkman BMW

Does the check engine light still glow? It could be that you have more than one problem. Jim

Reply to
Jim