2-Day Performance Center School Experience

That makes a lot of sense, although I doubt that any U.S. states/localities have a similar statute - thanks for the link.

Tom K.

Reply to
Tom K.

No bicycle catches up to me or matches my speed unless I'm virtually stopped. If there is a bicycle in my very small blind spots, it entered the street in them and somehow managed to match my speed for some distance. This is a virtual impossibility.

When driving, I am much more acutely aware of my surroundings (including bicycles) than anyone you know.

-- C=2ER. Krieger (Drove around that)

Reply to
E28 Guy©

Think of it as 'Devil's Advocacy'. ;^)

Nonetheless, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. I look to the mirror and depend on peripheral vision to cover the space back to the mirror's view. If you look at the area covered, you can see that my peripheral vision *does* go behind my shoulders. Adding this to my usual high level of situational awareness (I note and remember what's back there.), I can safely drive through a whole city without ever using my 2=BA or 3=BA of focused vision any farther back than my outside mirrors.

-- C=2ER. Krieger (Been there; seen that)

Reply to
E28 Guy©

Mopeds or scooters can easily match your speed and even exceed it in town, yet they are just as easy to overlook as bicycles.

Reply to
Peter Bozz

It does (make sense) but the rule is largely observed in the breach, even in (right-angle) spaces next to very busy roads.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

You obviously don't know my town. The only mopeds I run over are the ones that are asking for it ... =:^D

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; drove that)

Reply to
E28 Guy©

You obviously don't drive in the city. For most of us city-dwellers, bikes are perfectly capable of matching and even exceeding a car's speed in the downtown core. It would be a real shame to kill someone because you're so committed to having your blind spots.

Reply to
Nobody Important