Driving experience day

Know this might be slightly off topic, but i am a regular contributer to this group so here goes.... want to buy my brother one of those driving experience courses you see adverised in the Sundaypapers, saw the silversone one -which was =A399 for 3/4 laps in a DB7 or the likes, but living up North the Oulton Park rally course for =A3117 for 3 hours looked alot better. Anyone done one of these, or heard about some good experiences anybody has had/hasn't had ? thanks and sorry off topic

Reply to
sndevereux

I did one at Thruxton using about £80 of Tesco Clubcard vouchers (at x4 value, so approx £320 cash value). It was their most expensive (Tesco) one at the time - and I enjoyed it. It was 3 laps as a passenger in a Mazda 3 MPS to be shown the track and lines, then 4 laps in a Cayman (driving), then 4 laps in a F430 (driving) and then 5 laps in a Formula Renault (single seater, so driving of course!).

Great fun for £80 of vouchers. For me, not worth £320 cash though.

This is the one I did:

I got a DVD of my driving the F430 and Formula Renault - about £33 for 1 car, or £46 for 2 cars - that's where they make their money considering all cars were pre-wired for video, they just stick in a CF card and burn it to DVD.

Pretty humiliating though when I was in the Formula Renault and a Mazda

3 MPS on demo lap overtook me!

They also do similar Tesco voucher paid experiences at Croft - though I can't comment on those, although the brochure I was sent by Thruxton had Croft as the back half of the book.

David Hearn

The Oulton Park one I did years ago was rubbish, most of the time was eaten up wirh safety talks so you only got two goes around the track. Definitely not worth the money.

Reply to
Ian Vandahl