2003 330i w/o sport, 2004 325 xi w/ sport

They're about the same price, the 325 has nicer rims, which for some reason is important to me.

The 330 w/ sport has these weird double spoke bent rims which just look weird.

Anyway, they're both manual, which i want.

The 325 xi...I was asking before...is it a major pain in the butt to have an xi? I don't live where it snows, although it does rain some...although I may move north sometime.

Anyway, is getting an xi a mistake? More repairs, more stuff to break down, or does the improved handling even in non-snow make it worthwhile? What do you think?

Both about 50K miles.

Reply to
kpb

If you don't need the 4x4 it zaps power (and gas) and in my experience doesn't add much to the driving especially at the expense of the performance of the 330.

You can easily change out the wheels and the suspension although the sprot bumpers etc might be more difficult or expensive.

Reply to
adder1969

Keep looking 'till you find a RWD w/ sport. What's your rush? MZ

Reply to
MZ

So you think sport package is really worth it?

I drove a non-sports package, actually 2 w/o and 1 with...I didn't notice the difference, but we were on smooth roads for teh most part. All seemed to have a pretty solid, tight suspension.

Reply to
kpb

All 330i have some sort of double-spoke wheels, as a distinguishing mark.

I've never had any repairs needed on any part of the front axle or center diff/transfer case. A little less mileage and a few tenths off 1/4 mile acceleration is the only cost.

If the one with sport package was the xi, you would indeed notice little difference, since all xi's have a non-sport package suspension; the package on xi's include only seats, steering wheel and exterior trim. Their suspensions are slightly stiffer with about 3/4" higher ride height.

FloydR '01 330xi

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Is wasn't an xi, it was a coupe actually.

I can't buy a coupe though, I"m too tall, I like to sit up straight, at least sometimes in the car and my head was mashing the roof. I'm only 6'1" but tall from the waist up, I guess. The sedans were much better.

Reply to
kpb

"kpb" wrote

Did you take it through the twisties... fast?

Pete

Reply to
Pete

I really do! Unless you're not planning to push the envelope with it now and then, in which case - why ARE you buying the "ultimate driving machine?" MZ

Reply to
MZ

Nope, it was mostly highway, short test drive. Didn't want to just go for a drive through the country, well I did, but I don't think the salesman would have liked it.

Reply to
kpb

It certainly used to be that coupes had sport suspension and sedans didn't even if they weren't labelled "sport". then the "sport" models also got sporty spoilers etc. i don't know if it's still the case.

I'm 6'5 and find I hit my head a bit, depending on my posture :-) I keep thinking I'll rip the seats out and fit them lower but I haven't gotten around to it. After driving my 7 for a while the 3 feels postively tiny.

Reply to
adder1969