'88 325e - cam and lifter kit?

Lots of these for 'mercan cars. Anyone selling the whole kit for an '88 325e, 2.7L engine? It seems like one site sells the seals, the next the cam, rockers etc. I just want the stock setup. If anyone remembers my knocking sound on startup that went away when the car came up to temp, I had a mechanic listen to it and he said it would still run long after I couldn't stand to listen to it anymore but I'd like to fix the noise if I can. He said the cam or lifters were probably worn at 145k miles and the metal expands after the parts warm up making the adjustment tighter. Tightening the lash might make the valves too tight after warm up and burn them. According to Bentley they are presently adjusted to speck. Thanks as always.

Reply to
cosmo

In order to change the cam (there are no lifters), you will have to remove the cylinder head.

Big question is, how much is the car worth to you? Aside from the question of how much the head R&R will cost, it's a question of where you stop the "while I'm in here" syndrome that will suck dollars out of your wallet faster than the NY Governer's favourite hooker.

Brett Anderson KMS

Reply to
Brett Anderson - KMS