anyone with a 7 series

Looking to buy a 7 series 3.5 or above around about 96 -99

what is the MPG? I have been looking at the jag XJ 3.2 which does about 25 mpg - are they comparable. I will be converting to LPG any known issues with the big beemers on LPG??

Thanks

Reply to
StaffBull

MPG refers to "miles per gallon" so it means - how much miles can a car pass with using only one gallon of gas.

about LPG - lpg is pretty safe and cheap to use and maintain, the only problem is, building it in is pretty expensive, plus, it dries out your motor after a couple of years, so it reduces (wild guess - 10%) of your motor life span

Reply to
filip

my 96 gets 25mpg at 80 on the highway. Never tested it in town.

Reply to
Jim Collins

You better hadn't let anyone else from a.f.lr find you talking to "normal" car drivers. Get back where you belong :-))

Reply to
SteveG

Doh !!! I ve been rumbled!!!! :-)

Reply to
StaffBull

I've been caught lurking on the Jag NG too by Mark (Mr Nice)

I've just sold my V8 disco today!!! so I need a big car but something which will do about 20mpg instead of 12 !!! :-)

Reply to
StaffBull

Hmmm, can't say for the newer 7 series but my 1992 730 regularly returns

28-30 on the motorway (cruising at 70-75mph with the odd sprint above that). Around town it's less frugal and averages about 18-20. If I'm feeling enthusiastic I can get it down to 14, or so, maybe less if very enthusiastic :-)
Reply to
SteveG