bmw 90' 535i shut off

my 1990 bmw 535i was running great until it acted like it was out of gas. Then it shut off the same way. I could start it up for a while but it would start to smoke black exhaust then shut off again. everyone says its getting to much gas. does anyone know whats realy going on or how to fix it?

Reply to
guveneur

join bimmer.info forums... the best for that car

SharkmanBMW

My 635CSi did this once. It had blown off a vacuum hose on the intake manifold. Check all the air hoses and connected OK and not split.

Reply to
John Burns