I need help or a mechanic for a 84 325e

car got overheated,started up then next day it overheated and stopped. now whenever i crank it up it wont start sounds like its not getting fuel or a spark.i was going to try spraying the carb w/starting fluid but i cant even tell what or where its at.this is the first time i've ever looked under the hood of a BMW any input,info or help would be greatly appreciated.I'm in the petaluma area and its now 10-2-05.my number is 707 781 0833

Reply to
musico

Take your car to a mechanic. Since you don't even know that it has fuel injection in place of a carb, nothing anybody can tell you on a newsgroup is going to enable you to fix it yourself!

musico wrote:

Reply to
Weird

As he's overheated it twice already, I suspect the head might have suffered...

If he's very lucky, the current, and original overheating fault have just been caused by a head gasket failure... Hopefully one that didn't involve water in the oil ways.

Check your dipstick, if the oil's black *phew* you're lucky, if it's white/creamy or looks like coffee with milk, you've got water in it. Head gasket's gone or the head has warped/cracked. So the heads gotta come off.

Even if the oil looks like oil, and not some creamy goo, you could still have head or head gasket problems. Get someone to compression test the engine and see if you're getting good compression on all cyclinders (a 5 minute job). If not then you're loosing compression somewhere inside the engine, so off comes the head.

Dodgy.

Reply to
Dodgy