M3 prices

I was wondering: how much is a BMW M3 (Coupe) sold at your place?

I live in Greece, and it is almost 80,000 $! I think that is too much... I was looking at the prices of second-hand M3s (2-3 years) abroad and they are substantially lower...

Reply to
stathis gotsis

U.S. starts at $49, 595.00.

Tom

Reply to
Tom K.

In Utah, a nicely appointed unit is starting at $57600 (inc. destination charges etc...)

IMHO, you would be better off buying any luxury vehicle 2-3 years old off lease. Pay close to half of original retail in most cases and the vehicles have been babied. (at least in my opinion). However.. if you think they are too expensive..dont buy it....

Reply to
Corey Shuman

here in Italy E46 M3 are starting at 32000 euros rgds Max "Corey Shuman" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
IcemanMax

Reply to
stathis gotsis

stathis wrote: Disappointing for all of us here

Maybe you're right...but actually we're not talking about a Lada or a Skoda Felicia...:))

"stathis gotsis" ha scritto nel messaggio news:dfasgu$l7l$ snipped-for-privacy@ulysses.noc.ntua.gr...

Reply to
IcemanMax

I consider 32.000 E to be very little for such a car, it is 97.000 E that i find outrageous! I was wrong in my initial post converting Euros to $$... Here it costs 97.000 Euros not 80.000 $...

Reply to
stathis gotsis

Cars 'enjoy' some sort of exemption of free movement of goods in the EU in the sense that you can certainly buy it anywhere you like but you have to pay the tax of the country of final import/residence etc and Greece is one of the high tax countries. It is likely that the pre-tax price is quite low, so those of us in the lower-tax areas should go there to buy....

What VAT and other taxes are there on cars in Greece?

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Are you talking about second-hand or new cars? I thought that imposing import taxes on cars is illegal inside the EU. That is why Greece cancelled the "import duty" and renamed it to something else, which i think is still against EU regulations. Do you have to pay such a tax in your country as well?

Reply to
stathis gotsis

I was talking about new cars, yes. Not sure what the position is regarding just-bought used cars, e.g. buying a used car in Germany and driving it to Greece.

I did something like this years ago (driving a used Merc from Hamburg to London) before the introduction of the Single Market rules. At the border I had to pay the special tax on cars (10%) and VAT. German VAT was refunded when I sent in stamped papers.

Now one does not have to pay due taxes at the border, one can pay them later.

I don't think you have an import tax on cars, just a 'luxury' tax that applies to all cars, even those made in Greece (of which there are none, of course, AFAIK). Well, some EU countries also flout EU rules, so there may something like this.

We used to have such a tax in the UK (the 10% mentioned above) but it was abolished years ago. We just pay VAT (17.5%). There are other EU countries, like Denmark, that either have extra taxes or a highVAT on cars.

You have to ask the relevant government authority on the rules of importing cars, even used ones, but I'll bet my bottom dollar that it won't be so cheap as to just drive in from Germany the day after buying and not paying Greek taxes. Otherwise everybody would do it.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling