Parking Sensors

Does anyone know what the technology of the sensors used in the Parking Sensor system? I have looked at the performance of the system on a 740 and it appears to be very solid and void of false alarms. I don't know if it uses ultrasonic sensors, microwave, infrared, ... but I would like to find out more about their system. I question it being ultrasonic since they supposedly produce many false signals and are very sensitive to their environment. Does anybody know where I can find more detail on what technology they use? I would like to utilize the same technology in another application.

Thanks,

Binder2000

Reply to
Binder2000

Ultrasonic - but with a very focused pattern.

Reply to
admin