Re: 2003 BMW 325i or 325xi ?? thoughts

If you live somewhere it snows a lot - buy the xi. It will be slower and thirstier than the i, but will behave a lot better in bad weather. The xi may be more expensive to maintain, especially the drive train.

If it doesn't snow a lot buy the i, and borrow your brother-in-laws land rover when you need it.

Hello. > > I am going to buy my first BMW. > I am going to buy a used 2003 model 325 next month. > I am considering two sedan models: 325i or 325xi. > > All things being equal, the only differnece that I am aware of is the > all-wheel-drive of the xi vs the rear-wheel-drive of the i. > > I will retain my 1993 Toyota SR5 p/u for winter snow driving (I live in > the Northeast; northshore area of Boston), so the BMW generally shouldn't > be driven in the snow. But, that said, there may well be times when > driving my pickup isn't in the cards (i.e.: kids with me; on a date); > which means the BMW might see snow. > > My question is really this: how much sport driving enthusiams do I give > up if I get the xi; would it drive much different? > > I wouldn't say I'm a huge drive like a race fan, but I also don't want to > sacrafice the supreme performance of the well known 325i for the sake of > better traction for a few days in the snow. > > I realize that should I ever try to re-sell the car, the xi would be > easier to sell in the Northeast. > > Last year I lived in Ireland for 7 months, and drove a Saab 9-3. Liked > it, but didn't love it. Now that I have the cash to buy a second vehicle, > I want a 4 door, absolute fun to drive, quality sedan. The BMW from all > accounts is THE choice. Always have wanted a BMW since I could reach a > gas pedal. > > Thoughts? Any and all welcome. > > ... Ralph >
Reply to
R. Mark Clayton