Re: NEVER BUY WALMART'S BATTERIES OR YOU WILL BE SORRY

"A jumpy battery will cause the fuel pressure to fluctuate because the fuel pump depends on a constant flow of current."

You do realize that the main function of the battery is to start the vehicle, after that, the alternator takes over to power all electrical items and recharge the battery. So I don't see what you're saying, unless the voltage regulator is starting to go.

I've been using batteries purchased from Wally world for the last 5 years and haven't had a problem. When 1 crapped out, I took it in for the pro-rated warranty and got a replacement. I do my own voltage checks & repairs, so I just get the battery there for the convince. I used to go to Sears but they're 4 times the distance away and there's always a lengthy wait, either in the sales line or the pick-up line in the shop.

"I later discovered that my other battery in my car is fine", maybe you should have checked the charging system 1st, before deciding to purchase the battery. Who would you be complaining about if you had decided to purchase a replacement alternator 1st, then found out your battery or starter was the problem. Most auto-parts stores I go to have a no return policy for electrical items unless they made the error. Then you'd be stuck with an alternator you didn't need. That's why I always pull the defective part and take it in for a side by side comparison to make sure I get what I need. The main point here is to check things 1st, before committing to the purchase.

> Regardless if you used their batteries or not, they won't let you return > no matter what!! Plus 75% of their batteries will cause your car to have > faulty Fuel Reading. > > > Full Story: > > There was no clear written "No Return" policy in front of the battery > section, one of their managers tried to point out to me that there is a > No-Return policy, I was surprised, later you read it, I did not see any > where did it say "No return". They just made up their policy as they go > these people. > > I bought one of their batteries a few days ago, I had never opened its > seal nor used it. I later discovered that my other battery in my car is > fine, something was wrong with my car's charging system. Any way, I > thought I wouldn't be needing this new battery, now I am stuck with their > battery. > > One more thing to keep in mind, their EverStart batteries (black color) > had jumpy Current flow, its Current+Voltage will jump from 12.80v to > 13.76v, also to 15.45volts, Wal-mart batteries will cause your Fuel Gauge > to move up and down like crazy. Why?75% of their batteries won't give > you a constant current flow. How do I know this? I put a current & volt > meter on their battery and that's how I know. > > A jumpy battery will cause the fuel pressure to fluctuate because the fuel > pump depends on a constant flow of current. Do not buy Wal-mart's > EverStart battery (black color). > > Their technicians will lie to you to get you to buy their low quality > batteries, then they will surprisingly tell you "no return" policy. It > took me two mistakes to finally decide to analyze their batteries. This > costs me more troubles than good. Be ware. > > Tom
Reply to
: P

if you know so much about batteries then why didn't you check your own ???? you're a fruitcake

Reply to
D.

Wasn't the engine running while you were testing the battery? It has to be a defective voltage regulator that is causing this problem. A defective voltage regulator can cause the voltage to vary as you describe.

A battery can't do what you describe on it's own with the engine not running. About 13.2 volts is the most you can get out of a car battery unless the engine is running.

Reply to
toronado

"Yes, I tested the Wal-mart batteries while the engine was running on the road."

How did you test the battery on the road? Were you running along beside the car with the voltmeter clipped on? And how did you test the current flow? How many amps did it put out? Do you know the difference between volts and amps?

"Plus 75% of their batteries will cause your car to have faulty Fuel Reading" .... " their EverStart batteries (black color) had jumpy Current flow"

There are three primary makers of batteries in the US. All of them make Everstart batteries for WalMart. You are saying that nobody makes good batteries.

You don't know what you're talking about. And as someone else pointed out, there are no, repeat NO, returns on used electrical components. You made a mistake. It cost you the price of a battery. If you want your money back, put a classified ad in the local paper and sell it.

Larry In the back yard, under the oak.

Reply to
Larry Rogers

on 10/17/2007 3:30 PM Larry Rogers said the following:

I'm coming to see you. A 12 pack enough????

Reply to
willshak

Bill says.... "I'm coming to see you. A 12 pack enough????"

For me, yes. But what are you going to drink?

Larry In the back yard, under the oak.

Reply to
Larry

ha!

There's a reason that some batteries have a handle built in!

I don't know about 'jumpy', but my wife's car (RX300) went into the body shop after she let her sister drive it. The new Interstate battery must have been discharged, because they stuck a 'W' battery in it.

I did not notice until later.

Less than a year after, I ended up buying another Interstate (no commission (sic) here) battery.

No problems now!

(It's no fun flying back from out-of-town to find the battery is dead in rental parking with no electrical accessories left on. It tested bad on a Midtronics tester!)

Gah!

Reply to
satmech

No battery will cope with the car being left for a long time without the engine started. IIRC BMW only warrant this for a couple of weeks.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yeah yeah... I don't know what I'm talking about but I beat many scientists/engineers out there. Two years ago, I was the one who doubled my Mercedes E320 45-MPG, and my Infiniti's 50-MPG. I am laughing at you men of arrogant. Don't you know I got speedy tickets because I abused the free energy I got, Yup! free energy for me, big bills for you arrogant.... Thanks to God for his generosity, I will let you suffer from your oil thirsty.

BTW - I changed my name to Mickey Mouse so you can laugh at me further, ok?

Reply to
MickeyMouse

If you are so smart, why didn't you check the charging system before you bought a battery? And now you bitch about not being able to return the battery? And you want me to think you are smart?

Just how did you double the mileage of your cars? The same way you checked your battery? I would like to see your math on how you figured the gas mileage.

Larry In the back yard, under the oak.

Reply to
Larry

That was the easy bit - change the odometer reading to Km instead of Miles.

Reply to
hsg