Re: NEVER BUY WALMART'S BATTERIES OR YOU WILL BE SORRY

Well, I have read through this and may have missed something but I just comment on Interstate Batteries. We sell Interstate in our shop and many other places do also. There is a toll free number on the top of the battery you can call and they will tell you the closes dealer that sells Interstate Batterys. They are everywhere in the US and maybe other countries also that will warranty the battery as long as the date purchased is punched out on the top of the battery or you have a receipt showing when it was installed. If there is a problem, call Interstate at the toll free number and the problem will be taken care of. I have refunded (this does require a sales receipt) the purchase price when the battery went dead because of a no charge condition and the customer had to buy another battery to get home. I didn't sell the first battery, the second battery or get to fix the charging system but still refunded the money for the Interstate battery and Interstate took care of it. Could anyone want a better warranty this this. Paul Paul's Auto Electric

"Tom" wrote in message news:ff1e3n$qk8$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org...

> Regardless if you used their batteries or not, they won't let you return > no matter what!! Plus 75% of their batteries will cause your car to have > faulty Fuel Reading. > > > Full Story: > > There was no clear written "No Return" policy in front of the battery > section, one of their managers tried to point out to me that there is a > No-Return policy, I was surprised, later you read it, I did not see any > where did it say "No return". They just made up their policy as they go > these people. > > I bought one of their batteries a few days ago, I had never opened its > seal nor used it. I later discovered that my other battery in my car is > fine, something was wrong with my car's charging system. Any way, I > thought I wouldn't be needing this new battery, now I am stuck with their > battery. > > One more thing to keep in mind, their EverStart batteries (black color) > had jumpy Current flow, its Current+Voltage will jump from 12.80v to > 13.76v, also to 15.45volts, this will affect your Fuel Pump meter, you > will get fluctuated Fuel level reading, because the fuel pressure depends > on how hard the pump is doing its work. > > This is another reason why you should avoid buying from Wal-Mart no matter > what they said. Their technicians will lied to you to get you to buy > their low quality batteries, it costs me more troubles and good. Be ware. > > Tom
Reply to
Paul McKechnie

Somewhat unrelated: A friend of mine recently bought what he described as a "refurbished" Interstate battery, directly from a facility run by the manufacturer here (Rochester NY). He chose to try one in a non-critical application - his lawn tractor. The battery cost him about half the retail price. As he described it, these are batteries that have sat around dealers' showrooms past their "freshness date". Interesting resource.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom