Suitable fuel

Hello all, What do you consider to be the suitable petrol type for a 318 (2.0 lt and

143 bhp)? I have used simple 95-Octane so far. Do 98-Octane make any difference? Or should i also consider some 100-Octane special petrol types?

TIA

Reply to
stathis gotsis

Just use what the manual says. Jim

Reply to
Jim

The model is just a regular car. Use the standard 95 octane from a big company to ensure best formula. Anything else is a complete waste of money.

Why on earth would one want to use 100 octane, and from were would you get it?

Never seen it at a petrol station in UK, Germany, France, NL....

The vast majority of cars run optimally on 95 octane.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling
[...]

Shell V-power as sold in .de (and .nl?) is 100 octane and my (98 RON minimum) ALPINA B10 V8 loves it. Not sure that it makes as much difference vs. 98 Super as 98 makes vs. 97 but since the price was the same I bought it preferentially.

Alistair J Murray

Your car is one of the few exceptions that can benefit from (or must use) more than 95 octane.

My point still stands and Stathis Gotsis's 318 is among them ("the vast majority").

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Yup, it works noticeably better on 98RON Optimax than 97RON Super.

Tesco is trialling 100 octane but not near me. I'd certainly give it a go as it ran very well on V-power, though it might have been down to being able to breath freely on the A-bahn...

Yup, no argument with that.

Alistair J Murray