Ugliest BMW yet?

Do a google on "bmw 5 gran turismo". That has to be the ugliest modern BMW I've ever seen!

And who's it aimed at? There are DVD players for the rear passengers but the centre console means you can't have 3 kids in the back!

Looks like a cross between an X6 and a '70s Rover SD1!

And that double opening hatch must weigh a ton.

What are those guys smoking when they come up with these things?

Reply to
John Burns

Look for M7.

Read the spec' you can have a five seat SE model or a four seat executive model. As BMW's are rear or 4 wheel drive there is always a transmission tunnel.

People who have three+ kids can buy the Renault Espace. More sensible people only have two and find a BMW very practical.

Looks pretty good IMHO. The X6 is an excressance, but the SD1 (style based on the Pininfarina designed Ferrari Daytona) was IMO a very attractive and practical car* - I had two in the early 80's before I got onto 7 series. Other large hatchbacks like Ford Scorpio (Granada MkIII) were also quite nice and that ford was the first mass market car with ABS as standard.

Probably about an extra 50kg.

Probably sipping spatlese...

  • the SD1 had its vices - leaks, snap off choke lever, live rear axle and drum rear brakes, but this was a car released 33 years ago.
Reply to
R. Mark Clayton