where is air control damper in 2002 X5

My 2002 X5 a/c has recently begun blowing warmer out of the passenger front and rear than it does from the driver vents. I recently replaced the final stage resistor which fixed the flakey blower operation. I can see the motors for the various dampers that direct air to the floor, windshield, and front vents but do not see where the warm/cold damper is located. The air from the driver side is 20 degrees or more colder than the other vents. Do you have any experience with this or know where to find service info on this area.

Reply to
tpintexas

Same thing happened to my (1998, so perhaps more understandable) 535i. Unfortunately in my case it is the microprocessor that's gone wonky, and decides that it's really cold outside when it's 30C (95F) in the shade.

Cost to fix ~=A3600 (mostly parts!). Plus the final stage resistor that was actually working fine, and for which they charged me =A3150.

Good luck.

Reply to
pazuzu001