Who makes BMW towbars

Hi. I have a 530D Sport and am having trouble getting a towbar fitted. BMW dealer wants =A31200+. A reputable aftermarket company has much experience fitting to 530D SE, but says their normal model will not fit the Sport (have confirmed this with another company).

I am looking to get a towbar from the BMW dealer spares dept and having my aftermarket man fit it. However, it is still expensive, and I am waiting to hear whether BMW will 'play ball'

Alternatively, does anyone know whether BMW's towbars are manufactured by BMW or by a third-party on their behalf? If so, do you know the name of the third party company, so I can approach them direct?

Regards Ron

Reply to
Ron

Is it because of the different rear bumper?

Reply to
adder1969

have you tried

?

Reply to
adder1969

Yes. Especially, there are no cut markings on the bumper or template available

Rgds Ron

Reply to
Ron

Thx. Looked at them. Could not see anything specifically for an 02 Sports Tourer long-neck detachable.

They do Witter, Bosal & Brink, which definitely do not produce a suitable bar. Not sure about Westfalia and Eurobar. He also mentioned a gdw, which is not on towequipe but are on

Do you know whether any of these make the towbar for BMW?

I should have said that our (newly bought) car has lots of M label plates - It is definitely not an M car, but I think the original owner specified M body mouldings. Not sure whether that affects the bumper.

Thks Rgds Ron

Reply to
Ron

Ron, A quick search at

"towbar" throws up some 530d folks who have self installed towbars"towequipe" and "Westfalia" are mentioned. Not sure about your bumpertype. Search here or post a question and I'm sure you'll get plenty more help.

Reply to
AGH!