Windshield Replacement - which brand?

My 2001 325i sedan was hit but a stone and has a (expanding) long crack

Safelite says they can replace it for $250ish Novus says they use OEM Windshied (without BMW logo) for $440

Has anyone has any experience with either brands? What to look out for? is there any grading/ pressure rating/ clarity etc?

ram Seattle, WA

Reply to
mydocz

wrote

I once had a non-oem hatch window replaced (not on a BMW). It was a piece of crap. It wasn't bent right near the edges and the rubber/plastic trim wouldn't fit. In addition, it wasn't the same color as the rest of the windows.

Tell your insurance carrier to use OEM. Or, if you don't have insurance, spend the extra because you'll regret it.

Floyd (also in Seattle)

Reply to
fbloogyudsr

Reply to