PICS: 2009 Cadillac CTS-V will have ZR1 LSA motor with 550hp

Cadillac revealed the all-new CTS-V powered by GM?s new 6.2 lite supercharged LSA motor. With 550 horsepower and 550 pound-feet o torque this 4 door beast is upping the ante in the 4 door seda muscle car arena

?The CTS-V represents the full extension of our design, technology an

performance capabilities,? says Jim Taylor, Cadillac general manager ?The V-Series takes the award-winning CTS sport sedan and elevates i to a position within the club of the world?s most exclusive an capable cars.

?From the very start, engineers were cognizant of the role

high-performance engine plays in supporting the qualities customer expect in a Cadillac,? said Jim Taylor, Cadillac general manager ?The supercharged LSA engine delivers outstanding performance, bu maximum power didn?t come at the expense of refinement o quietness.

New to the CTS-V will be the option to go with 6 speed automati

transmission instead of the previously standard 6 speed manual. Thi change will surely bring in some drivers who don?t want to constantl shift their 4 door tire melting daily driving muscle car

The aftermarket arena for the CTS-V will certainly be crazy since i

will share the motor with the upcoming 620 HP ZR1. With a simpl supercharger pulley change, light intake/exhaust modifications and tune, 650 HP shouldn?t be too difficult to obtain. Hopefully GM wil beef up the rear end considerably, since we?ve seen quite a fe busted rears at the drag strips with the previous generation CTS-V We look forward to seeing the dyno and drag strip results from thi beast

View the attachments for this post at:

JLA