2002 Camaro Convertible Spitting out ODBII codes: P1404, P0404

P1404 Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve Pintle Stuck Open P0404 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Circuit Range/Performance

V6 3.8L Spitting out the above codes.. There was also another code that was since erased regarding something to do with a solenoid (real specific, I know).

I had been reading somewhere that solenoid degradation could affect the performance of the EGR valve.

My question is basically this:

While I could simply clean the valve as a possible low-cost fix (my vehicle has a HORRIBLE rough idle at times), is it possible that there is a problem with the solenoid; which in turn affects the EGR valve; which in turn fills up the cabin with rancid smoke?

Reply to
kinggoo

Replace the EGR would be my first move. Autozone carries one for your car for 129.99 and the gasket for a little over a dollar. For something like this, as in computer reliant, I?d have a shop determine the best course of action. Let them diagnose the problem and tell you what to fix.

"kinggoo" wrote: > P1404 Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve Pintle Stuck Open > P0404 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Circuit Range/Performance > > V6 3.8L Spitting out the above codes.. > There was also another code that was since erased regarding > something > to do with a solenoid (real specific, I know). > > I had been reading somewhere that solenoid degradation could > affect > the performance of the EGR valve. > > My question is basically this: > > While I could simply clean the valve as a possible low-cost > fix (my > vehicle has a HORRIBLE rough idle at times), is it possible > that there > is a problem with the solenoid; which in turn affects the EGR > valve; > which in turn fills up the cabin with rancid smoke?

Reply to
usarmyrangrs