2002 Camaro Convertible Spitting out ODBII codes: P1404, P0404

P1404 Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve Pintle Stuck Open
P0404 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Circuit Range/Performance
V6 3.8L Spitting out the above codes..
There was also another code that was since erased regarding something
to do with a solenoid (real specific, I know).
I had been reading somewhere that solenoid degradation could affect
the performance of the EGR valve.
My question is basically this:
While I could simply clean the valve as a possible low-cost fix (my
vehicle has a HORRIBLE rough idle at times), is it possible that there
is a problem with the solenoid; which in turn affects the EGR valve;
which in turn fills up the cabin with rancid smoke?
Reply to
kinggoo
Replace the EGR would be my first move. Autozone carries one for your car for 129.99 and the gasket for a little over a dollar. For something like this, as in computer reliant, I?d have a shop determine the best course of action. Let them diagnose the problem and tell you what to fix.
Reply to
usarmyrangrs

Site Timeline Threads

  • My reverse lights won't light up when the car is in reverse. I'm not sure where...

    Chevy Camaro