98' Z28 belt tensioner question

All,

There are TWO identical pulleys used for the ideler and tensioner for the INNER serpentine belt ( AC ), and both have flat smooth surfaces. When I tried to buy replacments for these, the parts people tell me they aren't listed, and try to give me the OUTER ( much wider ) tensioner and ideler pulleys.

1) What gives here? Is the wider pulley( smooth ) meant to be a replacment for the narrower one? It seems to me like this not correct.

Is this a dealer only item?

Any thoughts on this?

thanks, mike s

08/07/04