POROUS ENGINE BLOCK: 2000 Z28 SS 5.7 Liter

Just diagnosed, oil has migrated into the cooling system.

62,000 miles Requires engine replacement.

ANY SIMILIAR PROBLEMS?

Reply to
bob

Rare, but not unheard of.

Reply to
JimV

A significant financial loss has been made. From the Corvette Group, some facts were shed on this problem. From my research, this indicates a 1:1,000,000 occurrence. Is this consumer beware, caveat emptor? Should this be the fault and financial responsibility of the consumer?

Thx

"Journey in life is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in, sideways, totally worn out, shouting...Holy Shit.... what a ride!"

Reply to
bob

On a 5 year old car with 62K, I think you're outta luck on the recourse front. It is kinda (even more) odd not to show up until now. Are you sure of the diagnosis? Lots of other explanations would seem more probable.

Reply to
JimV

The car is still at the dealers. We are waiting for GM offer of recourse. As told there might be other reasons for the migration of oil into the cooling system, but the bottom line is the engine needs to be replaced. Thanks for your comment.

"Thinking too much about how you're doing when you're doing is disastrous."

Reply to
bob