RPO Codes...

Hi there,

I've been trying to match my RPO sticker a few of the lists of codes on on the Internet am having some difficulty.

When I bought the car, which is a convertible, I was told that it was a 1990 IROC Z28 and to all appearances (badges, moldings, etc) it is. But when I try to match up the codes with my console sticker, I don't find many of the codes I'm expecting, including the main one: 1FP87. Mine says 1FP67. I can match up some of the codes (for AC, Power seat, engine, etc.), but my sticker has many codes that aren't on the various lists. Also, many of the IROC specific codes on the lists aren't on my car. The VIN is in line with several of the VIN decoders out there, here's what it looks like:

1G1FP33FXLLXXXXX (X's substituted for the production number).

The VIN also matches the VIN on the console sticker. I would be extremely grateful if someone could shed some light my situation. I'm trying to sell the car to someone from out of state and we're in the process of matching up the codes so he can be sure he's getting what I say I'm selling.

Thanks in advance, David Smeeth

Reply to
David

David,

First off, the VIN you gave is a digit short. From the format, looks like you just left off one "X" from the end. In any case, there is a VIN decoder specifically for third-generation F bodies at "

". With the info you gave, I couldn't come up with anything definitive.

Suggestion: Stop by a local used car lot. They use the little softcover NADA books, and the book from 1990, if they have it, breaks down the VIN's. You may have to hit a few dealers to find a book that old. If no luck there, and you're so inclined, a local police station may have the NATB (National Auto Theft Bureau, which is now called NICB) book from 1990, which may also have the info you need.

I'd tell you to check a Chevy dealer, but chances are maybe 1 in 3 you'll find somebody who actually knows or cares enough to bother with you.

Actually your best bet is to post the same questi> Hi there,

Reply to
Dean M

Thanks Dean,

I did post to a couple of bulletin boards and have received some definitive answers.

Apparently the 1FP67 is for the convertible...

David

Reply to
David