Tunning a 95 Camaro Z28

I have just recently bought a 95 camaro z28. I have about $20,000 US to put into this car for aftermarket parts. I do not want to modify the body in anyway. I want this car to look stock. This car is an automatic unfortunately. I want it to be putting out at least 600hp when I'm finished. I'm looking for suggestions as to what I should purchase. Any recomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
justin.lacroix

Why?

Reply to
JimV

The only way you'll get that kind of power is with a blower.

Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT

Simply because I love the looks of the camaro, and I this is my first camaro and I want to do it right. I also want to stand a chance against the ricers in the area that are putting out 500hp on their V6's.

Reply to
justin.lacroix

Here is a link to a guy who built a 1000hp stock looking LT1 powered street car.

goes into great detail about how he acomplished this feet. He runs mid 9's at almost 150mph. Gary

Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT

Are you talking 600 @ the crank or 600 @ the wheels? Look into a decent head/cam package and a power adder. However, you are also going to want to upgrade the trans, the 4L60E's are kind of weak. Also, the 10-bolt will be living on borrowed time @ that power. Get a decent stall converter for the trans as well. Can easily all be done for 20K.

Reply to
d666e

Came into this late, but: My street driven 62 Chevy II has a 406 inch small block. It's a 350 Bow Tie block with Brodix 11 heads, Comp cam, Callies forged crank, Eagle rods, J&E Flat top pistons. Comp cam, 950 HP Holley, Victor Jr. intake. Made 601 HP on an engine dyno. It's been to the track twice and made about 5 passes. On pump gas, through the mufflers it went back to back 10.90's @ 123 MPH. RPM shut off is at 7,000. Has a TH-400 and a narrowed 9" Ford rear with a Detroit locker.

I'd sell the complete car for $16,000. He can pull the engine and sell the rest:) Has two Kirkey seats, Trans King TH-400 with a brake, full cage, tubbed, Aluminum interior, billet Aluminum steering column and so on. I have lots of pictures. Being a 62 it is not bothered by smog tests, can wear a vintage tag, and liability insurance is about $60 a year.

BTW: It's no sleeper. No one will screw with it on the street:)

Al

Reply to
Big Al