What's YOUR Favorite Camaro Model?

What's YOUR favorite Camaro model? The SS, Z28, RS, Berlinetta, etc.?

Long Live the Camaro!

Reply to
98' Camaro

68' RS

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

Reply to
SgtSilicon

'67 RS (had 3, something about the hideaway headlights and that sweet sounding 327 with a 4 speed *sigh*) '98 and up SS with LS1 engine

TomC

98' Camaro wrote:

Reply to
Tom Crabtree

I happen to like the last IROC, the 90. It is ridiculously tough...it can trade paint wiith the best of them, never runs out of petal, and makes you feel like your in a stock car.

I am restoring one now but I peridically drive it when it is not having something done to it. Just love it! Even before the paint is done, I still have people coming up to me saying; nice ride. And I live in a town where there are plenty of exotics...More money doesn't mean more fun!

Reply to
James Alio

Your question took me back to my teenage years when I had my first ride in a 69 SS camaro, 427, 4 on the floor. The acceleration and torque were awesome. I still remember the thrill of having my head snapped back into the headrest. How sweet.

When I finally got my license I became the proud owner of a 69 Z28. The 302 lacked the torque of the 427 but it was still a sweet ride. I sure miss the sound and feel of that high lift cam and those solid lifters.

I had a 73 Z28 after that but it never came close to the 69 in power or looks imo. It was junk compared to the 69. The body was so thin you could dent it by leaning on the fender and everything inside was cheap plastic. And that smogger 350 was a dog.

One of my biggest regrets was getting rid of my 69. I've often thought about getting another one but I doubt I could afford the price.

Regards Jerseyjimmers.

Reply to
JerseyJim
1969 Z/28 Camaro - I own one of these &

1971 Z/28 Split Bumper - Need to find one of these after restoring the one above.

Regards, Scott

Reply to
Scott

i like ours because it?s the first/only camaro I?ve ever owned and it?s an attention grabber with its bright yellow color and the super style rear spoiler; however, I?m partial to the early models, particularly the ?68 - conveniently it?s my birth year but truly a sharp car - my ultimate fave

hubby would say his fave is the 96RS we own now, tho? he?s partial to the ?66 model only because it?s the birth of the camaro... oh yeah, and his birth year, too

Reply to
L4C

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

Scott
66 1/2 is when the Camaro was introduced!

Mid year, like the Vega for an example, 69 1/2 and it was called a 70.

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish_King1

But either way it is still considered a 67 and should be approached that away versus 66. Since after all it is considered a 67 and there are no 66 Camaro running around even if they were produced mid-year... it's still 67.

You don't see people saying 66-69 first Geneartion Camaro's - The 66 1/2 versions were just like the the actual 67 were they not or were they different in some ways? I know you can't buy parts for a 66 and I think some people might roll their eys at you if you asked for 66 Camaro parts.

Reply to
Scott

I happen to like the 1978 Z28. Because of it's toughness. Was rear-ended twice -not a dent on the baby but nice ones on the guys who hit me. :-)

Stash

Reply to
Stash

I'm in love with the '82 Z28. I had one a few years ago which I should have never gotten rid of. It took me 4 yearas to find another '82 worth buying and working up.

Tommy

Reply to
ANUBIS

I was just stating a fact.

After of course restoring over 50 of these cars, 67's that is.

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish_King1

You restored 50 67 Camaro's! Congrats to you on that accomplishment! I'm having enough trouble getting mine 1 done. I was trying to be A-hole I was just saying that the person that started this should use the 67 term versus the 66, even though there were some produced in 66. Most cars even today are built half year before the coming year is here. You can't start when the new year is here because they have a market they have to fill and the only way to do that is to get them out early.

Best Regards, Scott

Reply to
Scott

I have to agree about people rolling their eyes at anyone who asked for a part for a 66 1/2' Camaro... According to the sticker on the inside of my door, my Camaro was built on 9/97- even though it is a 98' Camaro (i.e. the headlights are a dead giveaway that it isn't a 97'-) so, does that mean it's a 97 1/2'- assuming we all follow the logic of the person who said he/she owned a 66 1/2' Camaro? LOL...

Long Live the Camaro!

Reply to
98' Camaro

My favorite Camaro Model is MY 89 RS. Why, because it's all MINE! It may not be fast, but it's my baby.

Reply to
Cy Welch

My favorite is my '67 white, w/ black vinyl top. I've had her since she was brand new.

Tom Lacombe