'01 Silverado A/C Intermitten

My A/C has been intermitten. Sometimes when I start the truck it will blow warm until we drive a block or two. Then it blows nice and cold.

Last week we were towing our trailer and it went out for about an hour. Next day it started working again.

My research on the internet has shown it could be the low-pressure switch.

Is this something that an average guy can replace or will it open up the refigerent lines?

If it can be done without special equipment, where is the switch located?

Thanks

Reply to
Tim S.

have someone check the pressure in the system

Reply to
David Lee