'05 Colorado question

Hi All,

I got a '05 Colorado Z71 4X4 w/3500 5cyl & 4 speed auto, it has 7400 miles on it. I just brought it to the dealer with this problem. I live on a hill, and when I came home from work Friday, and went to back up the hill to my driveway, the truck "stuttered" (the best way I can describe it), like I bad gas but only in reverse! (starving for fuel?) I tried it over the weekend, and when it is cold, I can "leave a patch" after driving a while, and tried, no patch but it stuttered! The dealer told me "that the way they are! It is stated in your manual!" I asked him how come only happens when it is hot! he said I tried a new one, and it did the exact thing! I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen?

Thanks Frank S Raleigh NC

Reply to
Frank S.

That's Chevy for you. Don't get me wrong. I have one also. My dealer told me that the wind noise I have Is normal also. He took me out in one and no noise was present. Then he goes on to say ohh it's because mine is used. It has 2200 miles. 3 months old. I called customer service. Its now been fixed. door seal was messed up.

Have the dealer take you out and prove it to you that the one he drove does the same thing. And, Just because that one does it, does not say it's correct.

I've learned a lesson in all this. Never again will I buy another Chevy product. (Side note) I took them to the BBB The judge ruled in my favor. This and other problems were fixed. Don't put up with it.

And I bought the 7 yr plan. I love when something goes wrong with it. Because I get to take it In there and throw it right back into there face.

4 problems so far. And only 2200 miles. :)

Reply to
Kevin

2,200 Miles, 3 Months old and going to court? What a morron! Don't ever bother buying another car, you will never be happy.

Simple Fact, Manufactors have warrantees because any vehical can has issues. Anything from fit & finish to Severe Mechanical Defects.

If you have problems getting your vehical repaired at one dealership, Try another one. Not all "Service Techs" are the same. So dealers have decent service departments, others don't. When I buy a new car I figure out where to have it serviced from the get go, before I even walk on to a dealers lot. Gm's Factory Warantee is nationwide, and does not require you to go to the dealer the car was purchased from.

Never think rubbing your vehical in someones face is ever going to get it fixed right. The only thing pissing off people with tools does is give them incentive not to care. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Is there any chance this truck has traction control?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

I'm a moron ? Why? because the dealer is shady and says nothing is wrong with it ? Wake up. The 1st dealer I took it too flat out said he would not deal with it. The

2nd place I took it to said we can fix it. But did not. 3rd dealer sent me to a auto body shop. They fixed it and sent the bill to GM...

I expect that when something goes wrong they should fix it. The 1st dealer I took it to told me this. You did not buy it here so I don't have to fix it here. That's when the call was made to GM. The ball is in there court then. I told them when they were able to tell me where I could take it to get it fixed to call me. They never did. That's when I called the BBB. I should never have to go thru what I did. As these problems were the fault of GM for letting out a truck from there factory with as many problems as this had.

I can tell from your reply that you worship GM. I'm not the kind of guy that's going to let anyone walk over me. The BBB judge flat out told them that If it was not fixed then plan on buying it back. They then got there act in gear.

And I'm the Moron ? This truck should never have Passed and sent to the dealer. Yes Maybe I should have looked at it more closely before buying it. (Bought It at night) But that's why there is a warranty to cover things like this. But them not wanting to fix it is not right. How this truck passed QA shows that they don't give a crap. I could go on and on about all the little things that were wrong. After the Judge saw the pictures, (The next day after buying it) he just started shaking his head and made them fix it. In the judgment letter he noted, you have 2 more try's to get it right. If after which time it's not fixed. GM will buy back said truck. It was fixed in two days. It's sad that they were forced into fixing it. Why could they not just fixed it without putting me thru hours and hours of phone calls and time off work. There cheap bastards!

I bought a truck "New" years ago and the only thing that ever went wrong with it was a plastic trim part cracked. It was replaced the next day.

Take your GM blinders off ! Like I said, I enjoy my truck. But all they want to do is sell the dam thing and then make up reasons not to fix it when the time comes. If that's the way they want to play fine. I can play hard ball also. I did. I won. The next time something breaks I'll have more power to get things fixed the 1st time.

Yeah, I'm the Mor>> That's Chevy for you. Don't get me wrong. I have one also. My dealer told

Reply to
Kevin

I mostly own GM Vehicals. I own at present 1 Ford Ranger 4x4 Pick up, &

2 Toyota cars. Do I worship GM? No. Have I had dealership problems with warrantee Repairs? Yes.

Im a Mechanic with MY own Shop. I do work for 2 Used Car Dealerships (Including Repos). I have a fair idea how things work. No matter what Brand vehical you buy, you will need a warrantee.

If you want to bitch about build quality at GM's American plaints, call the local union halls. Thats where QC issues begin.

Your new GM vehical comes with a BUMPER to BUMPER minumun 3 Year , 36 Month Warrantee. This Warrantee is Hounered at *ALL* GM Dealerships. GM pays the dealership for Warrantee work, including parts, labor, shop supplies, ect.

I can tell from your posts your the kind of Morron or a Morman (same differance) that goes in to a dealership with a attitude. Ofcourse they are not going to treat you good when you act like a Ass. First Clue, bashing the manufactor in Support groups for said brand(s).

Before ever going to the BBB (worthless), for a "arbutration" You need to understand the Legal Rights of your Warrantee and The Manufactors Responciblity. Thier Claims system, their proceedures when you have a problem getting a issue repaired.

Charles If I had the extra Income I would buy a '05 2500 HD Crew Cab right now.

Reply to
Charles Bendig

I read something about traction control, what I read was on loose gravel it limited the torque. This is on flat straight dry pavement. It only started last week, and only when it is cold! I love the Truck! I just want this problem fixed! gotta get to work Frank

Reply to
Frank S.

When all these problems started I called the selling dealer. There located

150 miles away. I was also told by them to take it to any dealer to have it fixed. When I took it to my local dealer is when he told me there not going to deal with it. I called GM. This is what they told me.

Each dealership Is private owned. They can flat out refuse to fix anything they don't want to. (GM has no power is this matter) The dealership flat out refused to fix it. I had to drive 30 miles to have another dealership look at it. I live in a small town with 3 dealers within 100 miles I don't have much to pick from.

That's why after calling the company I started paper work with the BBB The paperwork I got from GM Said to contact the BBB If nothing would get done. So I did. And yes the BBB did get it taken care of. GM Was told to fix it or refund me the price I paid.

Looks like the BBB worked In my case. The truck is fixed. That's all I wanted. Nothing more, nothing less.

Another problem I just got had was so minor it took the dealership 2 times to try to fix. They told me that was all they could do. Took it to a tire shop and it was out of balance. (both front tires) I paid 15.00 out of pocket for this to be fixed. The work order said they were unable to reproduce the problem.

I took the 15.00 bill to the owner of the dealership and he cut a check in 5 mins. He told me that this should have never happen.

I could be rude by telling you that maybe you should invest in a spelling checker but I won't. Keep saving your money for that GM Truck.

Reply to
Kevin

"> I could be rude by telling you that maybe you should invest in a spelling

good thing, since you don't know 'there' from 'they're' and you capitalize words in the middle of sentences..................

Reply to
TranSurgeon

I read this thread and was wondering if you could describe the shudder more. Is it like a clutch for a stick shift grabbing and releaseling like a lot of sticks shifts do when the clutch gets a little grease on it and you are just starting up? ( I know you said you had an automatic). My Ford Mustang GT had a "shudder" in reverse when I first got it, a fairly subtle one compared to most stick shift shudders but I could definitely feel it whenever I backed up, enough I was wondering if something was wrong with the transmission. I eventually found a Tech Service Bulletin the described the problem and as it explained it was due to the internal tranny parts wobbling or something when rotating in reverse and it said that it usually only occurred when the vehicle was new and usually would go away after several thousand miles. And it did, after about 5,000 miles or so I noticed it was gone. So possibly your's will be the same thing and clear up on it's own.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

It as an automatic. It is not like clutch "hop" in a manual it is like running on 32 cyl in a 4 cyl engine. Maybe stutter is the wrong term. I have had vehicles in the past that have had bad spark plugs that have felt the same way when trying ti accelerate quickly . it is almost like running out of gas then the "reserve" kicks in and it takes off But only in reverse after it has been driven. Chevy said that it it normal. I say bull. normal doesn't "start" after 6 months and 7400 miles. Normal happens from day 1 Frank

Reply to
Frank S.

That's definitely not what I was getting on my AT. And it does NOT sound normal to me, I've never had that happen whether I stopped before reversing or was still going a little bit forward. I'd keep after them (politely) and make sure it was well documented. If they haven't fixed it by 12K miles I would probably start putting it in reverse at higher and higher speeds till it had a "new" problem they couldn't ignore.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

It is more like 1 plug is bad and you are running on 3 cyl in a 4 cyl engine. They say they kill plug 1 "for a short period" so the tranny doesn't get destroyed. Is the Tech Service Bulletin for Chevy? Frank

Reply to
Frank S.

I will never buy, Chevrolet, ford or dodge. buy Honda or Toyota they go for 300 k + miles trouble free, unlike ford, Chevy and dodge which 60 k miles are considered high mileage. I you do not believe it go to a junk yard and look at their odometers most of them go there at about 80 k miles. Honda or toyotas end there after an accident or something like that but not because they are quitters.

Reply to
dpr

Funny how all the people at the office buy a new honda or toyota around 50k and everyone with a chevy or ford keeps them at least twice that long.

Reply to
Eugene Nine

biggest bunch of crap I've seen since clinton left office.

95 GMC conversion van - 123,000 miles - still runs like day one. 94 Chevy S-Blazer - 153,245 - running just fine (does need new front fenders courtesy of NY salt) 2002 Chevy Blazer - Just picked it up with 74,230 on it. Runs like new and looks like it as well.

91 Olds Cierra - 165,000 on it when it was retired in favor of the 4X4s Still runs and looks good.

89 Pontiac 6000 - 245,000 on it when it got totaled.

96 Ford F-150 - has 89K on it (FILs truck) still going strong

Reply to
Steve W.

I find it funny how a request for helpful information brings a rant against American products.

Reply to
F.H.

F.H.

Reply to
Howard Bingham

long.

If you buy a honda you better replace it often because they are a SOB to work on and expensive to fit. I have several Toyotas go well past

200K miles with no problems at all though.
Reply to
SnoMan