2003 2500HD Work Truck Passenger side always hot

I never really noticed before, but in my work truck on the way home from a job I had my son drive (he needs the hours behind the wheel), and I discovered the passenger side vents only blow hot air. The driver side was blowing nice and cold. I never noticed before. I almost never have a passenger, and the passenger side vents are usually closed.

Where do I start?

P.S. My daughter exploded a Pepsi by leaving it on the dash a couple years ago. I suspect a lot of it ran down the passenger side windshield vent and may be contributing to the problem.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

  1. Read through the owner's manual and be sure you are operating the controls correctly. Some vehicles have a weird way of setting things.
  2. If that is not the problem, Try a "reboot"...

Remove a battery terminal for 10 minutes, then reconnect. Turn ignition switch to on, but don't start. Wait 1 minute. DO NOT touch any buttons in the vehicle during this minute. Then start vehicle and let idle for 5 minutes. Drive above 45 mph as soon as possible.

This "reboots" all the computers in the vehicle including the A/C which then "resynchronizes" the actuator doors during the power-up.

This also reboots the engine computer and driving above 45 mph helps it to "regain" its operating memory.

If this does not work, you would need a GM Factory Service Manual set which would have complete troubleshooting instructions for this problem as well as complete part replacement procedures. Order from helminc.com or a GM dealer.

Reply to
Bill

Well, the reboot didn't work. I guess next I see what it takes to get to the air diversion gate/door and see if its Pepsi glued in place.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Total disassembley and cleaning. Problem fixed.

Reply to
Bob La Londe