4.3 Headers

Im getting bored (no break-downs) and was thinking of putting headers on my '94 Sonoma. (4.3 Vortec). Anyone here done this? Notice and improvement? Did you go the shorty/manifold replacement or the Edelbrock with a y-pipe type setup? TIA

Reply to
Scott M

Go full length w/y pipe. The shorties aren't worth the metal they're made of.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Reply to
Buzz Lightbeer

Reply to
Buzz Lightbeer

Cant do dual, have to keep it legal for smog.......You think I will notice any performance gain? I dont care about 5000 RPMs, Im not racing it :) Im looking for more torque on the bottom.

Reply to
Scott M

What about for those of use who have to pass emissions testing? Always heard the long-tubes were a b*tch for passing the sniffer.

Reply to
Troy

Buzz...you changed your name! When I called you that..I actually stole it from a line that Woody (Toy Story) used on Buzz somewhere in the movie.. Guys with a sense of humor are cool!!

8
Reply to
Eightupman

I have 3 kids, and have seen the movie a million times, "there's a snake in my boot !!" "toss him overboard !" or " Hi, Im Woody, howdy howdy howdy" said the shark.

I change my name very frequently in the newsgroups. every month or so. But I always lurk in this group, he he he. Last month was grunt&sniff or somedumbshit like that.

improvement?

Reply to
Buzz Lightbeer

Reply to
Buzz Lightbeer

Your exhaust plumbing (with the exception of the catalytric convertor) has little to do with what's coming out of the whazoo of yer' truck. If the headers you buy are 50-state legal you have nothing to worry about if your engine and emissions controls are in good working order.

Doc

improvement?

Reply to
"Doc"