95 Blazer, No Rear Brakes

Hi, I have a 95 Chevy Blazer that had a brake line going to the back of the truck rust out. In the process, the brake warning light came on. I replace the brake line running to back of the truck, the distribution block at the rear axle, and the lines running to the wheel cylinders. I ended up replacing the rear wheel cylinders because the bleeders were rusted in. I bleed the rear brakes. No air appears to be coming out of the bleeders any more. The brake pedal is firm but lower than before, but the brake warning light is still on and I have no rear brake pressure. Is it possible that the combination valve is stuck or frozen? Could I still have air in the rear brake system?

Reply to
zwickl2

If you have anti-lock brakes, there is a specific procedure for bleeding the brakes. You would need a GM factory service manual set for those procedures, special tools to open the combination valves, and a TECH II scan tool to make the anti-lock brakes cycle a few times to get any air out.

Bottom line... that stuff above would cost well over $3,000! About $30 just for the special bleeding tool and some vehicles need 3 of these tools.

Much cheaper to take it to a GM dealer.

Reply to
Bill