99 jimmy problem with 4x4

Ok, I have a problem with my truck, the Transfer case control module keeps dying on me I've replaced it once with a salvage yard one, for some reason it will work about two weeks than it just goes out again. when it goes out, I have no lights on the dash and I dont hear it click when I turn on the ignition switch. I talked to someone they told me my encoder motor could be bad, how could I tell that?? When the 4x4 did work it shifted fine in and out of all ranges. I have the NP8 transfer case.

Reply to
Adam F

Had the same problem on my sons 97 Jimmy. It turned out to be the dash switch. I don't have it in front of me but there are several forums dedicated to s-10's and chevy 4x4's. Find them and do research in those forums. Chances are somebody out there probably had the same problem at one time. I have never found a forum dedicated to Jimmys but they are all the same mechanically.

GM

Reply to
GM