Auto trans failure mode, S10

I have a 96 GMC 4 door s10 jimmy, V6 AT.

the transmission started grinding rather suddenly, it started to slip badly. I added a little ATF and I limped it home.

Now, when started cold it engages into D or R fine. after moving one block it starts to slip a little, then completely. SHutting off the engine, and restarting seems to get the AT to engage fully again.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Dean-o