Black Exhaust Pipe

I have a 79 C-10 pickup with a new 350 long block. I have a 1406 Edlebrock carb. Stock manifolds and distributor. It seems to run a bit rough at idle, and the exhaust pipe is charred black. I was told that I need to adjust the carb. I havent a clue as to where I should set the idle mixture screws or anything else on the carb. Can you please advise.

Reply to
lanky

Go to edelbrock.com, look under carburetors; owners manual. You'll get the entire tuning section from idle mixture to WOT. Good luck

Reply to
Tim Long