ANYONE know how to re and re the "Drivers door" on a 1988?

The hinges look like they are "Glued" on or something ~ what's up with that? TIA for any information

snipped-for-privacy@canada.com

Reply to
Ron Olin

What appers to be 'glue' may be sealant.

Reply to
Hank

Factory manual for 1984 S-10 states the hinges are welded to the door and pillar. It describes a procedure for drilling out the welds. Replacement hinges have holes, and tapped anchor plates. Also involves opening up pinch welds to install anchor plates.

Apparently not a job for the faint of heart....

--reed

Reply to
Reed

just a question... is a hinge bad or do you just need to R&R the door?

if it's just an R&R, pop out the hinge pins and out the door will come.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Wow!.... leave it to GM for engineering excellence (joke)....

I can only wonder what their manual says about adjusting doors

"secure truck to frame machine ...... blah blah blah"

Reply to
Ron Olin

Reply to
Bobo

Thanks again... This is one hell of a ng!

I used to be a ford person (still have a 1977 ford hi-boy project truck in my garage)... the ford news groups suck (nobody seems to reply to queries - and when they do... it's usually with a sarcastic attitude...

Hats off to the members of this ng!

Thanks again - one and all!

Ron Olin

Reply to
Ron Olin

Reply to
Bobo

You forgot turning rotors! ;-)

Reply to
Hank

The pins and bushings are also sold in parts stores like NAPA; no need to pay dealer price for them.

Reply to
Hoodude

Reply to
Bobo

========================== Ya, I got mine at pep-boys last time.....

Reply to
Scott M

Hi!

Maybe so, but Dean's gone.

Anyway, just for old times sake, throw [JBA] headers on that list too!

:-)

William The Guesser/Smartacre

Reply to
William R. Walsh

It a fast setting silicon, used to prevent water from getting between the hinge and side frame and rusting out most all of newer GM vehicle use welded on hinges, the new model CK900 (

2006) will be going back to bolt on style

Reply to
Dennis Farmer