Canyon/Colorado

Hello, gang. I haven't been on the NG for several months, so forgive me if this has been discussed. I'm thinking of trading in the ol' '95 Silverado and can't make up my mind between another full size or the "new" midsize trucks. Gas mileage is a little better with the Colorado and insurance a little cheaper as well. Around here (South Central TX) dealers are giving $6000 off MSRP on the Colorado/Canyon and $9500 off MSRP on a 1500, so the prices are comparable. My folks live near Shreveport, so I can always pick one up there. I know when the S-10/S-15 were built there, the local dealers had 'em cheap. Anyone with a Colorado/Canyon care to critique it for me?

Thanks, Kyle

Reply to
KB

I've looked at them. The body metal is extremely cheap and very thin. I'm looking at the crew cab model and they don't have such high incentives on those. The best price I could get on one was $1000 below invoice before the $1500 incentives. I've been trying to find more input on them too but they are just not selling. If I didn't drive 100 miles a day I'd get a full size with out a doubt.

Reply to
cadder

My brother was selling Chevy Colorados like hot cakes last month before he switched back to working for the Ford Dealer. I bought a Red Chevy Colorado non extended cab LS with the Z85 suspension package, 5 speed standard transmission

4x4 & 3.73 gears, & the 5 cylinder 220 horsepower engine. If you are a previous owner of a Toyota Tacoma Ford Ranger or Small Nissan Truck, Then the Colorado will remind you of them but in it's own way!

Have any questions about the Chevy Colorado, email me at:

JRael340

Drove an '04 Chevy Colorado for two days while my 2500HD crew/long box was in the shop being repaired. I COULDN'T WAIT to get my own truck back!!! That toy was bouncy and had no power, I-5 3500! I was surprised when I saw it rated at towing 4K pounds. I wouldn't want 4K pounds behind one. Can't imagine it staying out of second gear on any kind of incline. It couldn't even stay in fourth barely accelerating on flat highway at 60 MPH.

The seats in the extended cab were a joke. No comfort factor for even a small kid there. I guess one plus was plenty of leg room for the two front passengers.

It's full size trucks for me.....