loss of power

dear people, i am a proud owner of a 1992 S-10 with a 4.3 liter V-6 when i start the truck the engine runs fine until it is warmed up, but as soon the coolant gets warmer the engine starts to idle rough and vibrates a little ( this is seriously annoying when driving 80 mph. there is also less power on board when the engine is warmed up. could somebody please steer me in the right direction where to look for, any help is greatly appreciated. Dennes

Reply to
d.janssens

I might suspect a head gasket that possibly is leaking when the engine reaches operating temperature. When the engine is at operating temperature I would take a compression test. A leak down test would be even better if you have access to the tools.

Brian

Reply to
NoSpam