Chev Express Mis-Fire

My 02 Express has an issue of mis-firing under heavey load or step hills. New Wires, plugs, Cap, Coil Etc. The Computer Scan shows DTC P1381 Misfire Detected - No Communication with Brake Control Module Would the Brake Control Module actually cause the vehical to mis-fire and hesitate and go crazy? It flashes the check engine light while clinbing hills. Sometime works not to bad. When you leave in the morning, It barley crawls up hill kicking and bucking.

Thanks

Reply to
snowcatns

Do you have any coolant loss? Have the intake manifold gaskets been replaced? I suspect that misfires I experienced with my 99 1500 Express (5.7L) may have been been caused by coolant in a cylinder. Can't prove it though as it only happened a few times and went way on its own. I didn't read the DTC but the check engine light came on and went out after a heat cycle without misfire.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Reply to
William Andersen

I suspect the Powertrain Control Module may be at fault. The Engine Light flashes underload and uphill, kicks alot, also the volt light comes on and off. The Alternator is working fine and dosn't lose anything on the volt guage. Feels like it literraly losing power then picks up. Weird. They say the PCM in the express has a alot of issues with the wiringing harness coroding up. The PCM is in a terrible location a sit is.

Reply to
snowcatns