ChevyVan G30 Starcraft

I'm the happy owner of a 1992 ChevyVan G30 Starcraft, which I bought a couple a months ago. In Norway the car is often only referred to as a "Starcraft", which I guess is totally meaningless since the company Starcraft only do interior modification/builds and similar stuff to a whole range of different cars (and boats too I think). In my official Norwegian registration papers the car is called "Starcraft G30 / 6.2 L Diesel SL". I'm fine with that, although I'm not quite sure what SL means (again, I'm Norwegian). The logo on my front drive side says "ChevyVan 3.0 6.2L Diesel SL Brougham". I'm familiar with the VIN-codes and know that the car is a Candian built "incomplete" (that is: Starcraft did the interior and styling) - but, and I'm at last getting to the point, not sure what the "Brougham"'s contribution is. Could anyone out there help me (I might even be in the wrong newsgroup, please let me know).

Jan

Reply to
Jan Ekse

Norwegian

What you own is a Conversion Van. It started out as a Chevrolet G30 van with the 6.2L engine. The SL Brougham is Sport Luxury with the Brougham trim package, usually these are things like chrome bumpers, power windows, locks different glass and a few others. It was then sent to an "upfitter" (in your case Starcraft

) andthey add in the carpets, rear seats, rear ac/heat, bed, TV/Video/Stereo,Rear windows, wood trim, lights and whatever else you have. Plus theypaint it and add the graphics and running boards and a few other items.For the basic vehicle parts you go to any parts store and get parts fora 92 G30 Van, (exhaust and brake/fuel and rear electrical stuff iswheelbase dependent, my van could be 110" or 125") For parts thatStarcraft put in it depends on who made it as to where you get theparts. Some are real easy to find and some are a real pain. Steve W.

Reply to
Steve W.