Colorado maintenance

I'm in the market for a new truck and was thinking about going to look at an

04 Colorado. I happened across a website that gives an estimated cost for timing belt replacement of $1,750 ...is the right? ...and do they need to be done every 60k miles or so? Any info appreciated, Thanks.
Reply to
someguy

I sure hope not. If this the case, I'm selling mine at the time it needs to be done. :)

I kinda doubt thats the cost. I figure a few hundred for the belt. (OEM) And maybe 4-6 hours labor. 500-700.00 Total.

Reply to
Kevin Weaver

I just saw that to replace the A/C Compressor is 7500.00 Yeah OK !

Reply to
Kevin Weaver

It sounded a little crazy to me, but you never know ...maybe they engineered it so you have to pull the engine or something :)

Reply to
someguy

That's $750 Regardless, without modification the pick-up box may collapse when you install a cap or tool box. This is about as bad as a vehicle can get. This is a junk vehicle with a 4 year lifespan at best.

Reply to
Battleax

Good thing I got the 7yr bumper to bumper gm plan. :)

Yeah, I went back and saw that 750.00 not 7500.00 If I have it the full 7 yrs it's covered.

Reply to
Kevin Weaver

Where'd you hear this?

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I'm not the one that said that about the pick-up box may collapse. Another poster did.

Reply to
Kevin Weaver

Battleax

It doesn't have a timing belt, it has a double roller timing chain, the chain lists for just over $300 on NAPAs web site. As with most GM timing chains the recommendation is to remove the oil pan prior to removing the timiing covers which would explain the quoted price.

Whiterlightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Incredible. Of course, who puts a tool box in a pickup truck.......

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

snip

Of course! Really though, there isn't a car maker out there that wants you to own a vehicle for more than 4 years. If everyone kept their vehicle for 8 years every maker would go broke. Since 1998 build quality reflects this. Here in Canada insurance companys are writing off 2 year old Mercedes with rust perforation on the inner body panels.

I see new vehicles as a scam.

Reply to
Battleax

I try to keep my vehicles for 15 years. My 92 Explorer is just getting broken in.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher