My cabin air filter is missing!

Car is a '04 Accent GT, really fun ride btw. I didn't realize it utilized a cabin filter until now and was sure it's overdue for replacing I found there was no filter within the access cover. I have not reached the 60K mile service point yet but had the 30K done at the Hyundai dealer. All other oil changes have been at independent shops. . Did the factory forget to install or is the dealer service negligent? Also, timing belt 60K mile question. Go to the dealer for the standard 60K service with a belt replacement or go to and independent and pay $250 for the belt {includes labor] plus the normal oil, trans fluid, coolant for a $400 total cost. Any waranty issues with going indie? Thanks, Bob.

Reply to
Bob

If your car is '04 there maybe a time warranty regardless of the 60K.

Reply to
Irwell

IIRC, some models did not have the filter. None had them for the first 90 years of automobiles so it is not that big a deal.

Also, timing belt 60K mile question. Go to the dealer for

What is the price at the dealer? If it is within $50, I'd opt for the dealer and their experience. OTOH, it is perfectly acceptable to have an independent shop do the work. Best to find one that has done that particular model. If the price difference is $200, I'd go for price. That much money is hard enough to come by these days and better in my pocket than the dealer.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

If you can get the belt replaced for $250, that's a good deal. To maintain warranty, go to the dealer and buy the belt, it needs to be OEM.

Reply to
Partner

Or simply ask the shop to install a factory belt. They should be able to estimate the price increase with a factory belt.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Your A/C Evaporator Coil is going to be covered in dirt from no air filter being in place. When you take it in, make sure they service the Evaporator surface by cleaning the accumulated debris before installing an air filter. Your cooling should improve as well as airflow once this is done. Its relatively easy to change yourself in the future, but does require the glove compartment be removed then reinstalled. I find I need to replace my cabin air filter about every

15,000 miles maximum .
Reply to
ilbebauck

You don't have to buy from the dealer.

Timing Belts a.. The OE market is a complex array of belt materials, tooth designs and advanced construction technologies b.. The very same research and development efforts Gates places with our OEM parts, transfers to exact Fit, Function and Performance in all our import aftermarket products c.. We are not OE equivalent, we are OE

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You have to buy an OE belt if you want the belt to continue to be warranted under the manufacturer's warranty. If you buy someone else's belt and it fails, that's not Hyundai's problem any more.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I believe my Sonata calls for replacement every 10K miles. I think that is ridiculous, but in any event even if the factory forgot it (unlikely), the dealer should have caught it at the 30K service. I blame the dealer.

Matt

Reply to
Voyager