Conversion from Vacume Brake booster to Hydroboost

Hi,

I have a 99 GMC Burb and want to do this conversion. I see some emails on the subject but the links to information are all gone, to old. I does not look like it would be too difficult but I have a couple of questions. Will the speed sensitive power steering work well with Hydoboost ? What side of the hydroboost is the input side ? High pressure ? I Sure would like to find that white paper, from a few years back.

Thanks,

JoeG

Reply to
JoeG

The rod that goes from the brake pedal to the vacuum booster is different with Hydroboost. I have two units here you can have for shipping and a case of beer. One is off a 79 K30, the other is off a Diesel Olds car. The Olds unit is most likely only good as a core, the Chevy unit was good when removed.

I'd go to a salvage yard and find the closest thing you can and take everything. On one I converted years ago the brake pedal was different where the push rod attaches. The pin is larger on the Hydroboost equipped truck.

Al in Tucson

Reply to
Big Al