Difference between Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500?

Aesthetics only?

Don't really see much of a difference in standard engines.

Do notice GMC might be $500-$1000 more new.

Any of you have experience with both?

Care to share your opinions?

Thanks.

chrome14 "at" juno "dot" com

Reply to
El Jefe

Kind of like why a Lincoln continental was more than a Taurus. Trim and perceived value.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Hi!

The GMC trucks are sometimes equipped with more "toys" on them from the factory. Usually the options you find are available for both trucks.

My '84 Sierra was pretty nicely equipped back in the day, with air conditioning, the gauge cluster, power steering, diesel engine, dual fuel tanks and an AM radio. Many of the Chevrolet branded counterparts around here from a similar time frame are very plain, with no gauges (idiot lights), gas engine, no A/C, single gas tank and no factory radio.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

For GMC vs. Chevrolet There is *no* real difference in the actual truck line other than name, minor trim and the only major visual difference, the front end looks. Options, engines, chassis, interiors and comparable trim levels are identical. When you get into the the SUV line, a GMC Denali can be optioned up with more electronics and interior baubles and trim than a Chev Tahoe. And cost more because of this. The Cadillac Escalade takes it even further in terms of options, paint, wheels, etc at a much higher cost. The profit on an Escalade is the highest of any GM line. It's basicallly a just a pimped up Tahoe or Suburban. Ditto for the Escalade ESV.

Reply to
Augustus

When I bought my loaded 84 GMC it was less than an equivalent Chevy. In 04 I priced GMC's and Chevy's, 2500HD w/6.0 auto. The GMC at two different local dealers were lower in cost than an equivalent Chevy. Here the GMC dealers seem to be no nonsense dealers that will work with you. The Chevy dealers act like they are doing you a favor by talking to you.

Al

Reply to
Big Al