Re: Can anyone tell the difference between rotors and pads (truthfu...

you would think from a toyota dealer, but the price will be more, unless you can get a 25% discount, or more, by asking for it, discount requests are expected.

auto-zone / o'riley stores are good sources, and a rotor is a rotor, but pads should be bought on the life-time guarantee type, not just for price.

m h o =A0v =83e

Reply to
fiveiron

Not at all. There is a huge difference in quality between cheap and premium makes of rotors. Some of the cheap ones do not even have a final finish, just a coarse lathe cut necessitating that a brand new rotor has to be turned -- totally unacceptable to me! Others have a nice non-directional swirl finish. While you cannot see it just by opening the box, it has been my experience that these rotors are of far superior metalurgy and will stay flat much longer and will wear less. Two really good brands are "Brembo" and "Mountain." I have never gone wrong on these even with applications like late-model Suburbans that have had a history with brake pulsation problems. While not the cheapest, they cost significantly less than those from the dealer.

Why not buy for quality?

Don

Don