locking differential - adding stock version

I have a 00 Tahoe (new style) that did not come with the G80 (locking differential). It has 3.42 gears. How big a deal is it to add the locking diff - could I have my trusted mechanic or the dealer do it and not expect problems later, or am I asking for trouble? Does something need to be done with the computer/chip? I though this might be a good alternative to getting a new truck- I'd like a 3.73 in addition to the locking diff, but I figure I can live without it.

Also - anyone know how difficult it is to find third seats for Tahoes/Yukons? Should I check a salvage yard?

Thanks in advance, LG

Reply to
LG

Bobo