MAF SENSOR UNPLUGGED

I have a 96 Chevy Blazer 4.3L Vortec V-6. Recently I took the blazer to my friend whom is also a mechanic because the truck seemed to have no balls comming off the line. pressing the pedal down to the floor almost made the truck die out. He immediatly told me that the MAF sensor was the problem and when we unplugged it performance was restored.. The check engine light was on but the previous owner told me that she had had sensor after sensor replaced without the light ever going off and that finally she just put a peice of tape over the light. I am now driving around with this thing unplugged. Can that harm my engine??

What are the consequences of doing what I'm doing?

-Chad

Reply to
Chad